Any business with value and any business owner with a personal estate should have appropriate business insurance. A competent and trusted insurance agent or broker is critical in obtaining proper insurance from proper companies in proper amounts addressing the appropriate risks. Your insurance should include:
- General Liability Insurance. Covers claims by third parties against the business or its employees including defamation.
- Property Insurance. Protects the business’ property including buildings and equipment.
- Business Interruption. Provides income in the event of a business disaster.
- Commercial Automobile Insurance. Covers claims arising from automobile usage.
- Workman’s Compensation. Required by law, protects from liability for employee injuries on the job.
- Errors and Omissions. Malpractice protection for professionals.
- Director and Officer Insurance. Protection for officers and directors for negligence or other wrongful conduct in the operation of the business.
- Cyber Liability Insurance. Protection for hacking and damages caused to third parties due to disclosure of private information.
- Employment Practices. Protection from employees’ claims of unfair treatment.
The attorneys at Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble have experience both in counseling clients on the types of insurance and coverage needed, and assisting them when claims arise. We also work with a network of qualified and competent insurance agents and brokers that can provide further counsel and advice. If we can assist you in this regard, please contact us.