The start of the new year it is a great time to check your employment practices, policies and procedures, and some to look at include:
- Reassess your operating during COVID plan to see if it is up to date.
- Consider whether to require employee COVID-19 vaccination.
- Make sure anti-harassment training is on your calendar or completed.
- Evaluate D&I initiatives and update EEO policies.
- Be aware of minimum wage salary increases.
- Re-consider classification of independent contractors.
- Monitor use of biometrics.
- Update sick and family leave policies.
- Determine if the fluctuating workweek method is right for your workplace.
- Update processes to comply with salary history and job postings laws.
- Prepare for any changes in employment laws.
- Review remote/work from home procedures.
- Review employee and other business reimbursement policies.
Should you have any questions or concerns in this regard, please contact me.
Douglas C. Tibble