loader image

Access to many of the government and charity funded programs for children and adults with special physical, emotional, or intellectual needs may only provide those benefits to persons on a financial need basis, and their receipt of gifts and inheritances could disqualify them. Parents, caretakers or friends can still gift or devise money and property to someone with special needs through a Special Needs Trust that generally will not disqualify the recipient from receiving services, benefits, or programs that are financial need based.

If you know someone in such a situation, please contact us as the attorneys at Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC can provide, advise and establish a Special Needs Trust for their benefit.

This Bulletin is designed to provide our friends and clients with information regarding the various subject matters covered, it is not designed to take place of legal, accounting, or other professional advice.  If expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. This memorandum may constitute advertising under the rules regulating Illinois attorneys.

Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC
1733 Park Street, Suite 100
Naperville, Illinois 60563

630-355-2101 | info@napervillelaw.com | GET DIRECTIONS