Real Estate Law
The firm represents buyers and sellers of real estate, residential real estate and real estate developers in issues related to real estate taxes, leasing, eminent domain, partition, joint ownership and many other uses and transfers of property.
Our real estate law experience includes:
- Purchase / Sale
- Land Use / Zoning
- Construction Law
- Mechanic Liens
- Homeowners Associations
- Residential Attorney Services
- Purchasing Residential Real Estate
- Selling Residential Real Estate
- Selling Your Home by Owner
Let’s Talk. Contact Us today to discuss your Real Estate Law needs.
Speak with an Attorney
The real estate attorneys of Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC are here to assist you, call 630-355-2101.
Our real estate law experience includes the following practices.
Click the practices below to view additional details. To speak with a Real Estate attorney call 630-355-2101 today.
Purchase / Sale
The firm represents buyers and sellers of residential, commercial, industrial and farm property, with or without improvements. We also represent and advise land owners regarding the use and occupancy of land.
The firm represents borrowers, lenders, investors and others regarding real estate based lending and financing.
The firm represents landlords and tenants in lease negotiation and lease enforcement, as well as other parties interested in the leasehold, remainder property or other property uses.
Land Use / Zoning
The firm represents developers and land owners regarding residential, commercial, and industrial land uses, and in obtaining appropriate zoning and authorizations for said uses.
The firm represents a broad array of owners, contractors, developers, subcontractors, materialmen, suppliers, architects, engineers, purchasers and others involved in a construction project, from single family homes through large commercial and industrial developments. The firm also represents parties in warranty, defective work, delayed construction, and other claims relating to construction.
The firm represents owners, lenders, general contractors, subcontractors, materialmen, suppliers and others involved with the construction, improvement and maintenance of real property, and with enforcement or defense of liens brought to recover for goods, labor, and services provided.
The firm represents land owners and other parties interested in real property that is subject to a condemnation to ensure that the condemnation is appropriate for the parcel, and to maximize their recovery.
The firm represents homeowner associations with issues ranging from creation of the association entity to liens to collection of fees.
Residential Attorney Services
For over 50 years, Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, through its predecessor firms, has provided excellent real estate services to all parties involved in residential real estate transactions. We pride ourselves on personal service and full representation while keeping our eye on the goal of closing the deal. Our attorneys and staff have gone to great lengths to make sure contracts close on time with all parties satisfied. While our service is extraordinary our rates are very reasonable.
Among the services we offer in residential real estate are:
- Representing buyers in real estate transactions;
- Representing sellers in real estate transactions;
- Representing title companies and lenders in real estate transactions;
- Providing advice and counsel on inspections, contract modifications and financing;
- Representing all parties in short sales;
- Documenting and closing contracts for deeds;
- Structuring owner-financed transactions;
- Documenting lease to own transactions;
- Representing parties in lease transactions; and
- Resolving and mediating disputes.
Most of our services provided in the residential real estate area are on a fixed fee basis. We work cooperatively with other real estate professionals and clients to get the deal closed.
If we can assist you or any of your clients, or should you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
Purchasing Residential Real Estate
At Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC, we know that the purchase of your home is not only one of your largest investments, but one of the most rewarding. Few things are more important to your family than protecting your investment and ensuring that your purchase is completed smoothly. We endeavor to ensure that the terms of your purchase are acceptable and understandable, avoid surprises at closing and give you peace of mind. We have been providing legal services to home buyers for over 40 years, and we approach each transaction with professionalism, efficiency and our client-focused agenda. We know the deadlines and pressure you are under and quickly respond to your needs, timely perform all services necessary to ensure a smooth transaction, and keep you aware of our progress. Our residential purchase services include:
- Pre-contract consultation, negotiation and drafting;
- Attorney contract modifications;
- Timely contract review;
- Timely home inspection reviews;
- Financing advice;
- Financing documentation review;
- HOA By-law and covenant consultation;
- Coordinating closing with any other related transactions;
- Closing scheduling and attendance;
- Closing document review;
- Title insurance and survey review; and
- Providing you with all important documentation in an easy-to-access format.
At Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC, our home purchase services do not end at the closing. We are always available for follow-up consultation for any concerns or questions that may arise. We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in all your legal needs, including residential real estate purchases, and hope to be your family attorney.
Selling Residential Real Estate
While the formalities of finalizing the sale of your residential real estate are numerous, our approach at Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC is to undertake those duties on your behalf and minimize your involvement and concerns, so that you can concentrate on your future. With our substantial experience, our attorneys and staff prepare all documentation and obtain necessary information well ahead of the closing date, allowing you to pre-sign all documents, avoid the necessity of appearing at the closing, enabling you to focus on more important aspects of the transaction, like your move and often the purchase of a new residence.
Our services for the sellers of residential real estate include:
- Pre-contract review, negotiation and drafting;
- Working with your realtor;
- Responding to attorney modifications and inspection requests;
- Performing certain contract requirements;
- Reviewing and obtaining title;
- Ordering and reviewing surveys;
- Preparing and reviewing all sale, transfer and tax documents;
- Pre-closing meeting to save you from attending the closing or to minimize the closing time;
- Addressing all other matters related to closing and concluding the sale; and
- Providing you with all appropriate documentation after closing.
At Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC, our real estate services do not end at the closing. We remain available to assist you with other real estate needs, problems or questions that may arise and all your family and business legal needs. We look forward to the opportunity to assist you with your next real estate sale.
Selling Your Home by Owner
Selling your home without a realtor can be challenging, but our Selling Your Home by Owner Program makes documenting and closing the sale of your home easy. Even if you find an interested buyer, their lack of a realtor or experience in preparing a written offer to purchase your home can stall or prevent a potential sale. Our Selling Your Home by Owner Program includes a package of documents you can provide to potential buyers so they have all they need to make an offer to purchase your home, including all of the standard owner disclosures. And, their offer is made with your document and on your terms. You do the marketing and we document and close your sale, with or without your buyers using a lawyer.
Our Selling Your Home by Owner Program includes:
- Advising you on the “For Sale by Owner” process and sellers’ obligations;
- Preparing standard real estate disclosures;
- Drafting a Real Estate Sales Contract you can provide to serious potential buyers;
- Counseling you on, or directly handling, negotiating price and other contract terms;
- Modifying contract provisions or disclosures to address specific issues or concerns;
- Obtaining homeowner association and other documents;
- Handling post-contract/pre-closing inspections, financing requirements, requested repairs, title and survey needs, and other issues that may arise;
- Addressing non-real estate issues related to the sale; and
- Closing the sale.
Our Selling Your Home by Owner Program also includes all of the traditional attorney services needed for the sale of your home. Our contract and other documents are tailored to your needs and your property so that you can provide your buyers with all they need to confidently make an offer to purchase your home, and then expeditiously move the sale to completion. We do not act as a real estate broker, but rather provide you with all of the information and documentation you need so a potential buyer can make an offer to buy your home.
“Start working towards a solution to your legal needs.”