Probably due to the pandemic, the Illinois Legislature passed few laws important to business in Illinois and effective January 1, 2022. They include:
- Increasing the minimum wage to $12.00 per hour;
- Making non-compete agreements generally not enforceable against employees earning less than $75,000.00;
- Enacting new restrictions on vaping sales;
- Requiring health insurers to cover mental illness and addiction treatment;
- Barring or restricting early termination fees for many utilities and services; and
- Making Juneteenth (June 19) a state holiday.
For a more exhaustive list, please visit: