As any business can be a cyberattack target, business owners should:
- Foster a culture of security awareness in their organization by clear and consistent messaging, policies, and procedures.
- Have clear written security policies and incident response plans that provide guidance, rules and expectations when it comes to handling and accessing company systems and information, and addressing a breach.
- Provide regular and consistent training relating to security.
- Invest in technical safeguards and the people needed to keep them up to date, including continual monitoring, regular back up of systems, and maintaining physical security practices.
- Obtain a dedicated and appropriate cyber insurance policy.
Loss of your businesses’ data and confidential information could not only cripple your business but expose it to substantial third-party liability. Please call us for help or with questions.