As business returns from a closed or remote environment the big question employers have is can you ask your employees if they are vaccinated for COVID-19? While the short answer is yes, as always there is more to it, including:
- Did your business opt to require vaccines, and if so, for all or for which types of employees?
- Did you tell employees your requirements about vaccination?
- You may obtain a copy of affected employees vaccine card, but do not ask more.
- Keep all information obtained confidential.
- You may be required to provide time-off for vaccinations or to recover from any side effects.
- Reasonably accommodate employees regarding refusal to be vaccinated for any protected reason.
- Continue to enforce all government health guidelines for your business.
While an employer can ask the question and require employees to be vaccinated if they are at will employees, you still must accommodate particular situations and continue to protect employees and customers.
Please contact us if you have any questions or issues arise.