The Covid-19 pandemic and the sudden increase of the number of employees working at home puts even more pressure on your business to protect its proprietary, confidential and trade secret information.
Some concerns you should address to protect confidential information include:
- Did you address at home security with your employees?
- If employees have or can print confidential information at home, what can they print and how do they safely dispose of the copies?
- How confidential are your employees’ conversations? Who is listening, including Google, Alexa, Suri or Cortina?
- Are employees using their personal/family equipment to download, read or store confidential business information along with games, family finances and schoolwork?
- What methods are used to receive, use, store and send business communications? Are at home employees only using business established methods or personal e-mail, drop box, google docs or other unsecure file sharing and e-mail accounts?
- Are your at home employees equipped and sufficiently supported to identify, avoid and report hacks, inadvertent password disclosures, phishing attacks and other cyber assaults?
Your business should consider these questions and retain appropriate professional consultation for answers. The lawyers at Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble, LLC can assist your business in this regard.