Increasingly rapid changes in our economic life emphasizes the need to work with your lawyer and other professionals to create financial plans that protect your assets, maximize their potential and provide for efficient transfers. This is no longer merely drafting a will, but planning for your business, asset protection, marriage, elder care, special needs and business succession.
- Business Planning and Succession. Evaluating the way you organize and operate your business to maximize efficiency, minimize risk and liabilities, and facilitate its succession or sale.
- Asset Protection Planning. Evaluating methods and strategies of ownership to insulate your assets and avoid their loss through liabilities generated in other areas of your life or business.
- Marriage Planning. Evaluating prenuptial, post-nuptial and other agreements to alleviate uncertainty and acrimony in the event of a divorce, addressing issues in a calm and cooperative environment rather than attempting to do so under the auspices of a pending divorce.
- Elder Care Planning. Evaluating strategies and options available in the event of your or a family member’s disability, incapacity or debilitating medical condition, whether temporary or long term.
- Special Needs Planning. Evaluating the options available to care for or enhance the lifestyle of dependents or others who will need assistance throughout their lives, without risking their entitlement to governmental and other benefits.
- Estate Planning. Evaluating the strategies and vehicles available to avoid probate, transfer assets and secure your heirs’ inheritances while minimizing taxes, litigation, delay and expense.
At Brooks, Tarulis & Tibble we have experience in advising and working with clients in several of these areas and can work efficiently with your accountant, tax preparer, insurance advisor, investment counselor or others in preparing plans to protect your lifestyle and to put you at ease. If we can assist you in this matter, please contact me.